2019 Year In Review

2019 Year In Review

Tristan Hanscom1/ 1/20

Happy New Year from OverSoyed

As we reflect on another year gone by, we’d like to thank all of our #SoyFriends 🌱 for making 2019 possible. We won’t lie… it hasn’t been an easy one!

The loss of our Etsy shop during December of 2018 was a traumatic blow to our business. It started our year off in survival mode. It was a mad dash to notify customers of the change as well as gain new traffic to our website, which at the time accounted for only 20% of our sales traffic. And while traffic to our website is up over 40%, our total business has dropped nearly 60% since last year.

We’ve learned a valuable lesson… Don’t keep all of your eggs in one basket, but more importantly, don’t rely on one stream of revenue over another! And that’s why our new year will focus on reaching out to more people in new and innovative ways.

In 2020, we’re happy to be launching the Workshop Workbench section of our website. This new area of our website will feature a wealth of information on every product we offer, as well as each ingredient we use throughout our handcrafted manufacturing process.

In an effort to always offer the newest fragrances and products available on the market, we’ll be providing more industry trends. And proud members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetics Guild, we’re always on top of the latest news!

We need to better explain our products… I feel that is one part of our business that we are lacking on. Not to say that our product descriptions aren’t good for the internet, but I think we can do better at showing everyone how to get the best out of the items we do offer. Look out for new beauty care tips and product advice videos.

2020 is all about #selfcare ! Yes, we know… that term is getting thrown around a lot lately. But that should emphasize its importance. We all need to take a little time for ourselves. We are working more than ever in history, productivity is through the roof, but we are lacking in the much needed area of taking care of ourselves. You know what they say… in a disaster, you put your mask on first, then help those around you. It isn’t selfish… it’s a necessity! We hope to provide fun and insightful ways to relax and rejuvenate in the New Year.

Lastly, we want to show more behind the curtain… both with how we make our products and the people who make them. When I was a kid, I knew our neighborhood butcher, the local barber, and the pharmacist down the street… We’ve lost that. You aren’t just customer numbers to us, we want to be more than just the guys who make the yummy products to you!

May the New Year be prosperous for everyone! We look forward to all that will come…

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published